Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Well which one is it?

And just as I begin to find musings... I fracture my ankle. I have more than likely fractured and then re-fractured my ankle since I was 13 years old. I allegedly had a sprained ankle back then, and since I have kept falling. I always mess up my ankles and I figured 'Hey, I guess I am just blessed with weak ankles....'
Maybe I have been re-fracturing my ankle for years and years, and never knowing it because of my lack in health insurance. Maybe I started with a hairline fracture and boom boom, tumble-go-Ashley... and here I am today in an air cast.

I hope this finally heals properly, because I truly want to start dancing again. Or at least puttering and putzing around, shimmy-ing-ish type of dancing. I need to begin somewhere again ...right? I still have the dance in me. I have the moves in my heart. I can feel it, and when I see performers... I FEEL IT in my bones. I need this in my life again ...
I've been wondering what's missing. ...and it's dance and music.

...Now... to get the balls to sing my heart out, and not hear "Ashley, you're ruining the song, knock it off."

or of course when he was drunk .... "Ashley, sing that baby girl, yeah!"

Well, which is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment